Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Out With The Old, Out With The New...

I can't even tell you how hard it was to watch Auntie Kay and Uncle Jim get older. Literally, it was heart wrenching... They were so proud...especially Uncle Jim. He just wanted his whole life to take of his bride... and such a good job he did. Better than we could have even guessed...but that is for another blog entry...

I would go by and check on them regularly. My Mom would too. But it was becoming all to clear that an intervention would have to...have too. I think they knew, and Uncle Jim would become more apprehensive of my visits. They so wanted to remain independent...I so understood... But he would suffer a breathing problem, and she would have a serious fall, breaking her hip... I drove Uncle Jim to the hospital to get Auntie Kay...and took them both home... Oh, how I prayed for the right words...

Auntie Kay was very wound up that night though. She was in a wheelchair, and insisted I take her to the table...THEE TABLE...and so I did...

She sat in front of the musty Ouija board and moved the movey thing up and down and here and there and up again..."But, what about the baby?", she asked, lighting the candle. But I didn't know what baby. What baby? I had been wanting a baby....so bad...but there would be no baby for me. What baby?

"Go get the baby.", Auntie Kay said..."Hurry to get the baby!'...The movey thing rushed from one side of the table to the other... It would fall on the letters: b a b y c r i e s...m e l o d y g e t b a b y...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what's coming.... The suspense is killing me.... come on, on with it mom....

    ReplyDelete